The self-paced course will be a 30 day self-paced course and is ideal for individuals who are unable to attend the hybrid options listed below. It is recommended that one is proficient in online learning platforms such as Google Classroom, has prior experience in health care, and is proficient in reading & writing English. The Competency Exam will be in-person in the North Metro Denver Area. Please contact Kristie Ashby at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-457-3288 for more information.
Hybrid Option – A blend of Zoom, In-Person & Self-Paced
April 11, 12, 13, 18, 19, 20
The course will be from 8 am – 5 pm each day and will be a blend of Zoom, In-Person, and Self-Paced. More details to come. The In-Person Competency Exam will be on April 20. Location TBD. Click here to register for the April course. Click here to register for the April course.
September 6, 7, 8, 13, 14, 15
The course will be from 8 am – 5 pm each day and will be a blend of Zoom, In-Person, and Self-Paced. More details to come. The In-Person Competency Exam will be on September 15. Location TBD. Click here to register for the September course. Click here to register for the September course.
November 7, 8, 9, 14, 15, 16
The course will be from 8 am – 5 pm each day and will be a blend of Zoom, In-Person, and Self-Paced. More details to come. The In-Person Competency Exam will be on November 16. Location TBD. Click here to register for the November course. Click here to register for the November course.
If interested in the 30 day SELF-PACED Course, please call Kristie Ashby at 303-457-3288 or email at email@example.com.
Upon successful payment and registration, the Zoom login information will be provided. Course materials will be provided through Google Classroom.
PLEASE NOTE: It is recommended that participants have a Gmail account to access the course materials.
Each 40-hour in-person training will be 5 days from 8 – 5 pm. You must be present for the entire course and pass the competency exam to receive the certificate of attendance.
The in-person competency test will be performed at the end of the course to demonstrate that the individuals trained have a comprehensive, evidence-based understanding of the regulations and topics. Each participant must pass the exam with a grade of 75% or higher. One exam retake will be allowed.
The price of each 40-Hour Administrator Training is $800 (non CHCA members) or $750 (CHCA members*).
*To learn about the benefits of the Colorado Health Care Association and to become a member, please visit CHCA.
The CEU Team presenting the course is a group presenters who are experts in the assisted living industry. We have nurses, a pharmacist, a registered dietician, an MBA, and a safety expert who will discuss current regulations, best practices, and survey trends.
The curriculum includes at least 40 actual hours; 20 of which focus on applicable state regulations. The remaining 20 hours will provide an overview of the following topics:
- Business operations including, but not limited to:
- Business plan/service model
- Labor laws
- Marketing, messaging and liability consequences
- Resident agreement
- Daily business management including, but not limited to:
- Coordination with external service providers (i.e., community and support services including case management, referral agencies, mental health resources, ombudsmen, adult protective services, hospice, and home care)
- Grievance and complaint process
- Physical plant
- Resident care including, but not limited to:
- Admission and discharge criteria
- Behavior expression management
- Care needs assessment
- Fall management
- Person centered care
- Personal versus skilled care
- Quality management education
- Resident rights
- Sexuality and aging
- Secure environment
- Medication Management
- Resident psychosocial needs including, but not limited to:
- Cultural competency (ethnicity, race, sexual orientation)
- Secure environment
- Family involvement and dynamics
- Mental health care (maintaining good mental health and recognizing symptoms of poor mental health)
- Palliative care standards
- Resident engagement