2022 Course Dates:
The self-paced course will be a 30 day self-paced course and is ideal for individuals who are unable to attend the hybrid options listed below. It is recommended that one is proficient in online learning platforms such as Google Classroom and has prior experience in health care. The Competency Exam will be in-person in the North Metro Denver Area. Please contact Kristie Ashby at email@example.com for more information or click here to register.
***Collaboration in Aging Conference February 10 & 11, 2022 Register Here
April 19, 20, 21, 26, & 27 – 8 am – 5 pm each day. This course will be digital through Zoom and will be a blend of live and recorded presentations. The Competency Exam will be on April 27th at 1 pm.
***CHCA Spring Conference May 25 – 27, 2022 Register Here
September 6, 7, 8, 13, & 14 – 8 am – 5 pm each day. This course will be digital through Zoom and will be a blend of live and recorded presentations. The Competency Exam will be on September 14th at 1 pm.
November 8, 9, 10, 15, & 16 – 8 am – 5 pm each day. This course will be digital through Zoom and will be a blend of live and recorded presentations. The Competency Exam will be on November 16 at 1 pm.
Due to COVID-19, the course will be conducted digitally through Zoom and will be a blend of live and recorded presentations. Upon successful registration, the Zoom login information will be provided. Course materials will be provided through Google Classroom.
PLEASE NOTE: It is recommended that participants have a Gmail account to access the course materials.
Each 40-hour training will be 5 days from 8 – 5 pm. You must be present for the entire course and complete all the required course work and pass the competency exam to receive the certificate of attendance.
The competency test will be performed at the end of the course to demonstrate that the individuals trained have a comprehensive, evidence-based understanding of the regulations and topics. Each participant must pass the exam with a grade of 75% or higher. One exam retake will be allowed.
The price of each 40-Hour Administrator Training is $800 (non CHCA members) or $750 (CHCA members*).
*To learn about the benefits of the Colorado Health Care Association and to become a member, please visit CHCA.
The CEU Team presenting the course is a group presenters who are experts in the assisted living industry. We have nurses, a pharmacist, a registered dietician, an MBA, and a safety expert who will discuss current regulations, best practices, and survey trends.
The curriculum includes at least 40 actual hours; 20 of which focus on applicable state regulations. The remaining 20 hours will provide an overview of the following topics:
- Business operations including, but not limited to:
- Business plan/service model
- Labor laws
- Marketing, messaging and liability consequences
- Resident agreement
- Daily business management including, but not limited to:
- Coordination with external service providers (i.e., community and support services including case management, referral agencies, mental health resources, ombudsmen, adult protective services, hospice, and home care)
- Grievance and complaint process
- Physical plant
- Resident care including, but not limited to:
- Admission and discharge criteria
- Behavior expression management
- Care needs assessment
- Fall management
- Person centered care
- Personal versus skilled care
- Quality management education
- Resident rights
- Sexuality and aging
- Secure environment
- Medication Management
- Resident psychosocial needs including, but not limited to:
- Cultural competency (ethnicity, race, sexual orientation)
- Secure environment
- Family involvement and dynamics
- Mental health care (maintaining good mental health and recognizing symptoms of poor mental health)
- Palliative care standards
- Resident engagement